2020 Kentucky Derby Hotels & Accommodations
Roadtrips offers first class accommodations in a range of hotels near to Churchill Downs to suit all tastes and budgets. Most of our properties are centrally located in downtown Louisville, ideal for experiencing this wonderful southern city and of course, the Kentucky Derby excitement. For a luxurious experience, we suggest the contemporary boutique 21C Museum Hotel or The Brown Hotel, one of Louisville’s most treasured landmark luxury hotels. For an authentic Kentucky Derby experience, you may want to consider staying at the official hotel of the Kentucky Derby, the Galt House. If comfortable, contemporary accommodations are what you are after, you can also consider the Crowne Plaza Louisville Airport, offering southern charm and all the amenities you need for an enjoyable stay in Louisville.
"Born out of the desire to merge contemporary art into the everyday, 21C is redefining luxury boutique hotels"
21C Museum Hotel
700 West Main Street, Louisville, Kentucky
Nestled in historic downtown Louisville, this unique property is an art gallery as well multiple award winning boutique property. 21C has plenty to offer guests: the award-winning restaurant, Proof on Main, was named one of Esquire magazine’s Best New Restaurants; the spa will knead your troubles away; and the rooms, which were designed by renowned architect Deborah Berke, are a sanctuary of art amid spacious rooms with high ceilings and large windows. Come, explore, experience.
- Travel + Leisure’s Best Hotel in Kentucky
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- Named to Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List in 2014
- Located downtown on Museum Row
- Spa and fitness center; award-winning dining
- Many rooms feature original exposed brick walls
"One of Louisville's most treasured landmark hotels, enjoy luxury and opulence in the heart of Louisville"
The Brown Hotel
335 West Broadway, Louisville, Kentucky
When yearning for grace and grandeur, The Brown Hotel satisfies. Since being restored to its classic, English Renaissance opulence, The Brown Hotel has been one of Louisville’s most treasured landmark luxury hotels. The AAA Four Diamond rating is evident upon first entering the two story lobby with hand-painted coffered ceiling, Botticino marble flooring, finely carved mahogany furnishings and Palladian-style windows. With its genteel Southern charm and ornate finery, the hotel offers the comforts of home in an environment of sophistication and grace.
- 2017 Condé Nast Readers’ Choice Top Hotels in the American South
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- Primely located in the theater district of downtown Louisville; five miles from the airport
- AAA Four Diamond Luxury Hotel; the onsite English Grill has been voted “Louisville’s Best Restaurant”
- 24-hour fitness center; complimentary transportation to downtown and airport; and three fine options for dining
- Five-inch pillow top Dreamland feather bed
"Experience gracious Southern hospitality, several dining options and unique amenities all onsite at this unique property"
The Galt House Hotel
140 North Fourth Street, Louisville, Kentucky
The Galt House is a name long associated with the gracious Southern hospitality and style that’s made Louisville famous. The largest hotel in Kentucky and the only one on the Ohio River in Louisville, the Galt House boasts 25 stories and 1300 newly renovated rooms. The 10,000-square-foot conservatory is three stories in height and features a café, cocktail lounge, gathering area and aviary. The convenient Skywalk connects the Galt House guests to the rest of the downtown Louisville sky-bridge system so you’ll never feel disconnected; and while here, be sure to visit the onsite Jockey Silks Bourbon Bar which was voted one of Whiskey Magazine’s “Best Bourbon Bars in the World!”
- 2017 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- Located in the heart of Louisville; seven miles from airport
- Award-winning restaurant and lounge options
- Roof-top fitness center, outdoor pool, revolving restaurant
"Enjoy the excitement of the Kentucky Derby just minutes from Churchill Downs"
Crowne Plaza Louisville Airport Expo Center
830 Phillips Lane, Louisville, KY 40209
Promising ‘Old-fashioned Southern Hospitality,’ the Crowne Plaza Louisville Airport is conveniently located just minutes from both the airport and Churchill Downs. The hotel even offers a complimentary shuttle the airport. Guest rooms are stylish and modern and there is an onsite fitness center and indoor pool. For a bite to eat or a cool drink, check out the Blue Horse restaurant, open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week.
- Located just 2 miles from Churchill Downs
- Complimentary shuttle to the airport
- Indoor pool and fitness center
- Blue Horse restaurant onsite
“The whole Derby experience was amazing.”
The hotel suite was wonderful. Great view of the Ohio River, comfortable beds, plenty of room for the two of us. The whole Derby experience was amazing. We loved the tour of the horse farm and the dinner river cruise.
Sign up to our newsletter