Why do you need Travel Insurance?
So you have decided to purchase your preferred sports travel experience. The question now is whether or not to purchase travel insurance. At Roadtrips we recommend protecting your purchase, but ultimately it is your personal decision. We have partnered with Chubb Travel Protection to offer you 3 levels of protection, to best fit you and your needs. If you are wondering if Travel Insurance is right for you, here are the top reasons people purchase travel insurance and the associated peace of mind. If you would like to download the complete coverage overview click here.
- Life is unpredictable. Some trips need to be canceled.
With travel insurance, travelers don’t have to pay for a trip they are unable to take.
- Most lost luggage takes five days to return to its owner.
Travel insurance provides coverage to replace needed items right away.
- Lost or forgotten medication?
Travel insurance will assist you in locating a pharmacy to purchase a new prescription.
- Travelers stateside and abroad can become ill or injured during their trip.
Travel insurance can provide peace of mind – especially for travel outside the United States, where many hospitals request cash payments in the thousands before treatment can even begin.
- Health insurance may not go the distance.
The majority of health insurance (including Medicare), worker’s compensation insurance, third-party and personal liability policies don’t cover international travel. In fact, a closer look at the inside of your passport will reveal that the government recommends travel insurance when traveling outside the United States.
- In the event of a natural disaster, airline strike or act of terrorism, airlines will not refund the cost of your ticket.
Travel Insurance plans can cover the cost and help travelers get home quickly and safely.
- Credit card coverage, homeowners and auto insurance, none of these provide sufficient coverage for travel.
Even combined, they may not offset the cost of a medical emergency overseas.
- In the unlikely case of supplier default.
If a cruise line, airline or other travel provider ceases operations, travel insurance saves travelers from paying for a trip they’ll really never get to take.
- We all experience tough economic times.
The loss of a job or other income might mean a trip planned in advance may have to wait. Travel insurance puts cash back into the hands of travelers when they need it most.
Travel Insurance Coverage Overview
If you are interested in adding Travel Insurance to your package, please download the coverage overview to see what amount of coverage would suit your trip best.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe to Roadtrips News, our free monthly email newsletter, to be the first to receive the latest sports travel information, expert advice and tips, and special offers.