2022 World Cup Qatar Schedule
The 2022 World Cup Schedule has not yet been announced. When it is, we’ll make sure to post details here to assist all of our guests with their planning for this iconic event. While we wait for the schedule announcement — which we expect anytime now — here’s a brief synopsis of what we know so far.
The 2022 World Cup is scheduled to take place November 21 to December 18 and is unique for a few reasons:
- At just 28 days long, the 2022 World Cup will be the shortest tournament since the 1978 edition.
- The 2022 World Cup will be the last World Cup tournament to feature 32 teams; in 2026, the number will jump to 48 teams.
- Though the World Cup typically takes place in June and July, with Qatar being the 2022 host nation, the 2022 World Cup will play out in Qatar’s winter months to avoid the country’s high summer temperatures.
- This will mark the first time the World Cup is played in the Middle East.
- All of the host stadiums are within a 35-mile radius from Doha, making it incredibly convenient for fans to attend multiple matches.
National teams will continue to play qualifiers until spring of 2022. Once all the qualifying teams have been decided, the World Cup draw will take place (expected date: April 2022) to decide the eight groups of four teams who will play each other in the group stage. The top two teams from each group will continue on to the knockout stage, culminating with the World Cup final on December 18th.
The 2022 World Cup will play out in eight incredible stadiums in and around Doha, Qatar.
|Al Bayt Stadium, Al Khor|
|Al Rayyan Stadium, Al Rayyan|
|Al Janoub Stadium, Al Wakrah|
|Khalifa International Stadium, Doha|
|Education City Stadium, Doha|
|Was Abu Aboud Stadium, Doha
|Al Thumama Stadium, Doha
|Lusail Stadium, Lusail|
We’ll continue to update this page as more information becomes available.
WORLD CUP DISCLAIMER
Roadtrips is in no way associated with FIFA, the Organizing Committee for the FIFA World Cup, Qatar 2022, MATCH Services or MATCH Hospitality. FIFA’s official ticket site is www.fifa.com/tickets.
The staff at Russia were great. They were very friendly. Great job.
Sign up to our newsletter