Since 1992, Roadtrips has been known for its outstanding service and dedication to great customer experiences that have truly made it a world leader in providing “The Ultimate in Sports Travel” for individual travelers, travel agent partners, and the incentive and promotion industries. Roadtrips hosts thousands of guests every year to the most exclusive sporting events in the world and provides service for some of North America’s largest companies including many Fortune 500 firms.
The successful applicant will work directly with the Event Team in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Our team will handle the overall operations, logistics and fulfillment for our clients travelling to Tokyo for the 2020 Summer Games. This is a 9-month full time contract, term position from December 2019 through August 2020. Expect that the role may transition to a Tokyo-based position for the duration of the Summer Games event, for approximately 30 days.
Responsibilities will include:
– Assisting with Roadtrips event logistics including special programmes
– Liaison with Japan-based suppliers
– Handling hotel reservations, inventory and rooming lists
– Transportation logistics
– Reserving and managing flight and train bookings
– Gifting arrangements and fulfillment
– Assisting with tour operations and ticketing
– Database management
– Administration and operational tasks as required
– Assisting with customer service and distribution of client travel documents
– Working onsite with Event Team, guests and Roadtrips hosting staff
• Highly organized and extremely detail oriented
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Hardworking and flexible
• Capable of multitasking
• Able to work independently
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Ability to remain poised under pressure and able to create solutions to pressing issues quickly and effectively
• Strong negotiation skills
• Previous experience in event planning and customer service
• Previous experience working with a Mac computer an asset
• Passion for travel
• Positive work ethic and team working/collaborative skills
Roadtrips’ standard Winnipeg office hours are 8:30am-5pm CST. Overtime may be necessary during the busy period in the lead up to the event. Working hours in Tokyo throughout the event are as required.
Roadtrips is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive pay, a fun and exciting work environment and the chance to travel to major sporting events. This job is a contract, term position. Compensation will be $3,000 to $4,000 per month (based on experience) plus a bonus of $3,000 to $4,000 upon completion of the contract and success of the project.
Please send letter and resume to Sam Buffie at email@example.com
700-191 Lombard Ave.
Ph: (204) 947-5690
Fax: (204) 957-1241