Welcome in the New Year at the Winter Classic
The seats were excellent, truly first class... The next best thing to being on the bench as a player!
It's been a long time coming but the 2014 Winter Classic is finally heading to the Big House! Two of the Original Six rivals, Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs, will face off in the highest capacity stadium in North America: Michigan Stadium. Destined to be the biggest and best Winter Classic yet, organizers are intending on going for a Guinness World Record-breaking crowd at an NHL game. As usual, the game will be held on January 1, and is the only way to truly ring in the New Year. Detroit is prepared to welcome fans from across North America to their hockey town, and with a rivalry as great as this, who could pass up the chance to check out what's certain to be an epic game!
Customize your 2014 NHL Winter Hockey Classic Travel experience by contacting one of our sports travel experts at 1-800-465-1765 or submitting a Custom Trip Quote.
2014 Winter Classic Standard Packages Include:
- Your choice of preferred seats to the 2014 NHL Winter Classic
- Three days/two nights first class accommodations in Detroit
- Daily breakfast (Hilton Garden Inn packages only)
- Round trip transfers between your hotel and the Winter Classic
- Roadtrips onsite host
- Expert travel and concierge services of the Roadtrips At-Your-Service Desk™
- All taxes and service charges
Optional Add-Ons and Possibilities:
- Red Wings vs. Maple Leafs Alumni Showdown at Comerica Park
- Tickets to American Hockey League, Ontario Hockey League, and NCAA games
- Tickets to extra games
- Extra nights
- Suite upgrades
- Dinner reservations
- Private transfers (sedan, limousine, luxury motor coach)
- Airfare (economy, first class, private jet)
Complete 2014 Winter Classic Travel Packages available from $1,395 (based on double occupancy)
Your Accommodations at the 2014 Winter Classic
Sheraton Ann Arbor | Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown
Our experienced Product Development Team meticulously researches first class hotels so you don’t have to! Our distinctive accommodations are chosen for their excellent service, great value, amazing amenities, and convenient location.
Sheraton Ann Arbor
3200 Boardwalk, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Welcoming guests with their unparalleled service and accommodations, the Sheraton Ann Arbor is eager to invite visitors to their newly transformed hotel after their multi-million dollar transformation last year. The 'Big House,' Michigan Stadium, is minutes from the hotel's doorstep, and Ann Arbor's inviting downtown is similar with its convenient proximity. Guests' rooms welcome with the famous Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Beds, the indoor/outdoor pool areas are a welcome way to pass the time when not in the fitness center, and the shopping and entertainment district which includes world-famous dining is easily accessible.
- Centrally located near downtown, the stadium, shopping, nightlife, and world-class dining
- Indoor/outdoor pool and Core-Performance Fitness Center
- Share Small Plate Bistro offers warm decor, with a focal point on wine while serving freshly prepared culinary creations
- Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Beds in all guest rooms
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown
351 Gratiot Avenue, Detroit, Michigan
This primely located downtown Detroit hotel is just one block away from Comerica Park and offers the perfect blend between comfort and functionality for its guests. The friendly service welcomes visitors through its doors, the fitness room and pool keep guests occupied as well as in shape, and the onsite Chrome Bar and Grille is a downtown Detroit mainstay. An example of simplistic elegance, the Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown is the perfect addition to a Detroit visit.
- Located one block from Comerica Park
- Onsite Chrome Bar and Grille
- Fitness room with pool and whirlpool
- The Garden Sleep System in each guest room provides the perfect balance between comfort and support
Your Preferred Seats at Michigan Stadium
The Big House is the largest capacity stadium in North America, and the organizers of 2014's Winter Classic intend to make the event a record-breaking NHL game for attendance! As the third largest stadium in the world, it shouldn't be that difficult given the incredible popularity of the Winter Classic! Even though 115,000 tickets will be sold, that still won't cover the demand for seats, so don't wait!
Standard Package Seating Categories
Upper Level End / Corner
Sections: 4-20 / 26-42 (Rows 56-80)
Lower Level End / Corner
Sections: 4-20 / 26-42 (Rows 1-24)
Mid Level End / Corner
Sections: 4-20 / 26-42 (Rows 25-55)
Upper Level Side
Sections: 1-3 / 21-25 / 43-45 (Rows 56-80)
Lower Level Side
Sections: 1-3 / 21-25 / 43-45 (Rows 1-24)
Mid Level Side
Sections: 1-3 / 21-25 / 43-45 (Rows 25-55)
Mid Level Center
Sections: 1 / 23 (Rows 30-50)
Ann Arbor Area Map
2014 Winter Classic Standard Travel Package Rates
|Sheraton Ann Arbor
|Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown
|Contact our sports travel experts for your custom trip quote.
|*All rates are listed per person in USD. A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to secure your package. Final package balances will be due 60 days prior to travel.
|Child Occupancy Rates:
||Deduct 20% for up to 2 children under 17 years of age (when accompanied by 2 full fare adults)
||Deduct 5% for all 3 room occupants.
Download PDF Brochure