Rio Hotels for the 2016 Summer Games
Your accomodations at the 2016 Summer Games in Rio De Janeiro
Our experienced Product Development Team meticulously researches first class Rio hotels so you don’t have to! Our distinctive accommodations in Rio are chosen for their excellent service, great value, amazing amenities, and convenient location.
This glamorously elegant Rio landmark has been welcoming such guests as Fred Astaire and the Rolling Stones since its Art Deco doors swung open in 1923. As one of the finest hotels in Rio de Janeiro, the Belmond Copacabana Palace sits stately overlooking Copacabana Beach. Guests are encouraged to indulge in the magnificent pool and urban sanctuary of the Copacabana Palace Spa as well as the hotel’s restaurants, which are considered two of Rio’s finest. The spacious deluxe one-bedroom oceanview suites offer luxurious accommodations with a sitting area, a divine king-sized bed with Troussardi bed linens in the bedroom and of course, stunning views of Copacabana Beach.
With its prime location on Ipanema Beach, the Caesar Park Ipanema by Sofitel provides its guests with everything one would expect from the Sofitel brand. Enjoy wonderful hospitality as well as fantastic amenities, including beach service, massage rooms, a sauna, fitness centre and an outdoor pool. With its spectacular location overlooking the city’s magnificent coastline, guests are only steps away from enjoying one of the most famous beaches
- TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice 2016
- Named to Travel + Leisure’s Top 500 Hotels list in 2015
- Perfectly positioned on Copacabana Beach
- Two excellent dining options, onsite spa, tennis court and beach service
- Michelin-Starred Cipriani Restaurant
in the world. Guest rooms are elegantly appointed and boast all the comforts one might need for a pleasant stay in the “Marvellous City”. After a day relaxing on the beach, be sure to try Galani Restaurant for a taste of specialty Brazilian cuisine created by Head Chef, Helbert Moura.
One of the continent’s most beautiful hotels, as its many awards and accolades can attest to, the Hotel Santa Teresa is one of those places that can only be described as magical. This charming yet sophisticated property, formerly a historical coffee plantation mansion, has recently been restored to an extraordinary boutique hotel. Every single detail was carefully thought out and meticulously planned to ensure each lucky guest of the Santa Teresa has an experience they will never forget. Guest rooms offer a peaceful, serene atmosphere, where visitors can truly relax. Unique features include Ypê wood floors, Brazilian art pieces, and tropical gardens that were inspired by the property’s association with the golden age of cocoa and coffee. So much more than just a place to rest your head, the Santa Teresa is also home to Natura Spa, and Térèze Restaurant, where the breathtaking views are only outdone by chef Pablo Ferreyra’s exquisite creations.
- 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award
- Located on Ipanema Beach, one of Brazil’s finest beachfront hotels
- Easy access to some of Rio’s best shopping, dining and nightlife
- Outdoor pool, beach service, fitness centre and sauna
In a cosmopolitan neighborhood known for its artistic flair and well-preserved mansions, the Hotel Santa Teresa is easily a standout. The Santa Teresa district is an impressive blend of colonial and neo-classical styles, infused with museums and art galleries, allowing guests to soak in the culture of this extraordinary city. The property’s convenient location provides easy access to all of the Olympic Event Zones and many of Rio’s most desirable attractions including Christ the Redeemer Statue, Sugarloaf Mountain, and its world-famous beaches. Perched above the Bay of Rio, rooms of this exclusive Rio hotel offer stunning views of the city’s remarkable skyline and its picturesque beaches.
Experience Rio de Janeiro from the chic bohemian neighbourhood of Santa Teresa and the Mama Ruisa. Housed in a beautifully restored historic home with some of the most incredible views of the city, guest rooms at the Mama Ruisa are comfortably appointed and well designed with beautiful art and fixtures. This hidden gem provides a unique perspective of this bustling city with a historic, romantic feel unlike any other. Start your day with a delicious breakfast served poolside before spending the day meandering through Santa Teresa’s cobblestone streets, filled with delightful shops, restaurants and galleries. Guests can also take a dip in the hotel’s beautiful pool, or enjoy the many spectacular beaches in Copacabana and Ipanema. This award-winning boutique hotel also prides itself on top-notch hospitality with well-trained staff who are available to cater to your every need.
- Perfectly Located, Central to all of the Olympic Event Zones with Particularly Convenient Access to the Olympic Stadium, Maracana and Copacabana
- Best Hotel in South America – Conde Nast Traveller Hot List 2009
- 101 Best Hotels of the World – Tatler Travel Guide 2012
- Brazil’s Best Hotels – National Geographic Stay List 2011
- World’s Best Hotel Suite (Panoramic Loft Suite) – Wallpaper Magazine
- Relais & Château Member
- Luxurious Natura Spa
- Térèze Restaurant, Offering Breathtaking Views, Exquisite Food, and Extensive Wine List
- Bar dos Descasados, Awarded “Rio’s Most Romantic Bar”
- Panoramic Pools and Lush Tropical Gardens
- Stunning Eco-Chic Design
- Luxurious Guest Rooms Feature Unique Tropical Décor
Located right on Copacabana Beach in spectacular Rio de Janeiro, Porto Bay Rio Internacional offers the best of both worlds, the marvelous city and the beautiful beach right at your feet. Guests can relax in their well-appointed guest room or take advantage of any number of the facilities available on-site. From the hotel’s restaurant, two bars, including a pool bar, two saunas, outdoor roof-top pool and for the fitness-minded, a gym with panoramic views over the water, there is no shortage of things to enjoy at the Porto Bay Rio Internacional. Additionally, its location on Copacabana Beach cannot be overlooked, providing a fantastic base for exploring this world-famous city.
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Winner
- Outdoor pool surrounded by tropical gardens
- Located nearby wonderful restaurants, shops and galleries
- Personalized service and fabulous hospitality
- 5 minute walk from the Hotel Santa Theresa, providing access to Roadtrips’ Summer Games Viewing Lounge & Hospitality Terrace
Located in the heart of Copacabana, the Rio Othon Palace boasts an ideal location on Copacabana Beach. With spectacular ocean views, and plenty of shopping, dining and nightlife located nearby, the Rio Othon Palace is a great home base for exploring Rio de Janeiro. Guest rooms are comfortable and inviting, complemented by onsite amenities including a heated outdoor pool on the rooftop terrace and fitness center. Additionally, the hotel’s restaurant is a great spot for a bite to eat, or enjoy the incredible view of Copacabana while sipping a cocktail at the rooftop bar.
- Located on famous Copacabana Beach
- Well-appointed guest rooms with free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Fitness facility featuring panoramic views over Copacabana Beach
- Relax on the roof-top terrace or enjoy the Swedish sauna, steam sauna or roof-top pool
- Enjoy one of the hotel’s dining options including the Bossa Lounge, located on the roof-top.
- Watch the sunset over the beach to the sound of Bossa Nova and drink a refreshing “caipirinha” for a truly Brazilian experience
Located in one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in Rio, the Golden Tulip Ipanema Plaza is one of the city’s most popular hotels. The Golden Tulip’s prime location places guests right in the midst of Rio’s finest restaurants and shops. Although the hotel is just steps from world-famous Ipanema Beach, guests need not leave the property to revel in the panoramic beach and mountain views of Rio visible from the hotel’s scenic rooftop pool and deck. Guest accommodations feature contemporary decor and offer a quiet retreat from the action found just outside the hotel doors. Not to be missed is the Golden Tulip’s multi-themed Opium restaurant, combining sophisticated flavors and a great atmosphere that can be enjoyed indoors or on the veranda.
- Prime location on Copacabana Beach
- Heated outdoor pool
- Fitness centre
- Rooftop terrace and bar
The recently renovated Tulip Inn Copacabana offers its guests a contemporary beachy feel, almost like an extension of the famous Copacabana Beach it is so perfectly located on. Not only does the Tulip Inn provide quick and easy beach access, it’s within steps of shopping, dining, and a number of Rio’s tourist attractions. Taking advantage of its picturesque location, Branche, the hotel’s restaurant, offers a patio with stunning beach views. For those wanting to spend some time relaxing on this famous stretch of sand, the hotel offers a towel and umbrella service. Inside, the modern guests rooms give off a bright, airy and welcoming “home away from home” feel.
- Located in the exclusive Ipanema neighborhood, just steps from the beach
- Golden Tulip Hotel of the Year (2009)
- Scenic rooftop pool area
- Multi-themed Opium restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor dining
This new and modern property is located at the entrance to the neighborhood of Copacabana. With easy access to Copacabana Beach and many of the Summer Games venues, as well as Rio’s great restaurants and shopping, its location makes it a fantastic home base for your Rio explorations. The contemporary guest rooms are comfortably appointed with anything you may need during your stay, including free in-room Wi-Fi and a flat-screen television. In addition to its great location and inviting guest rooms, the hotel also features a restaurant located on the main floor of the hotel serving international cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a bar, a great place to meet up with friends before heading out to explore the marvelous city.
- Great location on Copacabana Beach
- Recently renovated guest rooms
- Branche restaurant overlooking Copacabana Beach
- Beach towel and umbrella service
Get swept away by the tranquil beauty of the Villa Maravilhosa. This stunning property affords all who enter its gates a unique perspective of Rio, its culture and its beauty. Spend your days exploring this world class city from one of its finest districts, Joa, nestled between the famous neighbourhoods of Sao Conrado and Barra de Tijuca. Each of the Villa’s four suites feature modern amenities and furnishings, as well as en-suite bathrooms with floor to ceiling views of the ocean and Rio, with one suite boasting its own private plunge pool. Relax the day away in your own private oasis, including its gorgeous infinity pool surrounded by lush gardens, or visit one of the beautiful beaches located within walking distance of the Villa. Guests can also consider adding services including a personal cook and personalized cellar to enhance their stay at the Villa Maravilhosa.
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- Great location close to Copacabana Beach and convenient to Summer Games Venues
- On-site restaurant serving international cuisine and 24-hour bar
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Sleeps 8 across 4 suites
- Walking distance to the beach
- One master suite with its own private plunge pool
- Outdoor infinity pool
- Floor to ceiling views of the ocean and Rio
Summer Games Ticketing Notice
Roadtrips is no way affiliated or associated with the IOC, the Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games, Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Jet Set Sports or CoSport. The Rio 2016 Olympic Games official site is www.rio2016.com. In Canada and the USA the official ticket provider is Jet Set Sports. When available, tickets can be ordered separately, direct from the Rio 2016 website. Roadtrips base packages do not include tickets.
Click here for more information about 2016 Summer Olympic Tickets.
Start planning your trip today.
Call a Sports Travel Specialist at 1-800-465-1765 or