October 30, 2013
Personal information and other data we collect and what we do with it.
Roadtrips Inc. is firmly committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and visitors to our website. This page details how we collect information from customers and visitors, what we do with that information, how secure the information is kept and what options you have available regarding our mailing lists.
Roadtrips is committed to protecting the security of the information from clients that register for trip quotes, newsletters, and fill out our questionnaires.
- Roadtrips’ servers automatically record information when you visit our website including the URL, IP address, browser, language, and the date and time of your visit. This information is stored in our server logs and is used solely to monitor website traffic to help us maintain and modify our website to create a better user experience. This information can not be used to identify individual users, thus complete anonimity is maintained until the point of registration.
- Roadtrips collects personal information when you register for a trip quote or otherwise voluntarily provide such information to provide a better user experience.
- We prevent unauthorized access, and we do not sell, rent, or loan our subscriber or customer lists to third parties for email marketing.
- We store subscriber and password files in areas not accessible to Web browsers. If a user forgets their password, the user will be prompted to create a new one. This allows the user access to the site while maintaining security of their information.
Please note: Roadtrips Inc. will never send you email requesting your user name, password, credit card number or any of your personal information. If you receive an email request from Roadtrips, asking you for any of your personal information, it’s a fraudulent email, or “phish.” We recommend that you inform the appropriate authorities and delete the email.
- We send our newsletters only to those who request them, but cannot prevent people from subscribing their friends. We do include the ability to immediately unsubscribe in every one of our newsletters.
- When a visitor makes a purchase on our site, we will collect full contact details and payment information from the customer. This information will not be sold or otherwise revealed to third parties at any time. It will be used primarily to communicate with the customer in order to promptly fulfill the order.
- The personally identifiable information you provide to us for making a travel reservation is made available to the applicable hotel, airline or auto rental agency for the purpose of completing your reservation request.
Disclosure of Your Information
Roadtrips Inc. is a Canadian company and is subject to Canadian laws and the laws of the Province of Manitoba.
We may disclose personal information without the users permission to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others or protect anyone’s rights, to protect Roadtrips’ guests, staff, associates or property (including this site).