This online media information center is your resource for updated news, features, press releases and background on Roadtrips. Click on the following links for story ideas, current information and other material about our first class sports travel packages to some of the most exclusive and sought after events and experiences in the world for individual travelers, corporate incentives, promotions, sweepstakes, and corporate hospitality.
- Aug 30, 2013: 5 Tips to Help Travel Agents Plan Unforgettable World Cup Experiences for Clients
- July 11, 2013: Book a Group and Travel Free to one of the World’s Biggest Sporting Events with Roadtrips
- May 23, 2013: World Cup Guests Focus on Rio
- Feb 8, 2013: Roadtrips Offers Exclusive Behind-the-Ropes Access at F1 Races Worldwide
- Jan 31, 2013: Roadtrips Offers Scarce Luxury Hotel Space for the World Cup in 2014
- Nov 28, 2012: Roadtrips Provides the Ultimate Sports Travel Solutions for Affluent Travelers
- Nov 8, 2012: Roadtrips Unveils the Ultimate Luxurious Trip to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil
- Aug 8, 2012: Discover Brazil with Roadtrips’ Exclusive 2014 Soccer World Cup Experiences
- Jun 20, 2012: Welcome Back the United States Grand Prix with Roadtrips
- Mar 13, 2012: Roadtrips Offers the Ultimate Getaway to the Final Four in New Orleans
- Feb 9, 2012: Roadtrips Makes Monaco the Ultimate Playground for Discerning Travelers
- Jan 25, 2012: Roadtrips Offers the Ultimate Getaway to the Super Bowl in Indianapolis
- Jan 4, 2012: Formula One Privé by Roadtrips Demonstrates the Finest of Formula One Racing! Luxury, Celebrity, Decadence
- April 9, 2014: Brazil’s Most Celebrated Hotel is Waiting for You at the World Cup
- March 19, 2014: New Sports Travel Brochures Released
- Feburary 26, 2014: New Space Available at Rio’s Best Hotel for World Cup
- Feburary 18, 2014: Custom Summer Games Packages Available Now
- January 7, 2014: Custom World Cup Follow Your Team Packages
- December 19, 2013: Custom Packages Follow USA Packages
- December 5, 2013: Roadtrips Will Be Open Saturday, The Day After the World Cup Draw
- Nov 21, 2013: World Cup in Brazil | Exclusive Villa and Hotel Collection
- Nov 6, 2013: World Cup in Brazil & Luxury Iguazu Falls Experience
- Oct 16, 2013: Roadtrips Provides Custom VIP Packages to the World Cup in Brazil
- Sept 11, 2013: Packages to the Most Popular Events in Sports
- Aug 07, 2013: New Hotel Packages Just Released for World Cup
- July 10, 2013: New Sports Travel Brochures Released
- June 05, 2013: World Cup Just One Year Away!
- May 08, 2013: Our Staff’s Favorite Sports Travel Experiences
- April 10, 2013: Sports Travel Experts: VIP World Cup Packages | More Sports Travel Packages
- March 13, 2013: New World Cup Package: Opening Match in Sao Paulo | More Sports Travel Packages
- Feb 06, 2013: Sports Travel Experts: Champions League Final, Masters, More Sports Travel Packages
- Jan 05, 2013: Sports Travel Specialists: Confederations Cup, World Cup, Summer Games, More
Dave Guenther, Founder and President, developed his love for travel by running student-friendly bus trips to concerts, sporting events and spring break locations across North America while attending the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Canada. After a few years in the financial services industry, Guenther founds Roadtrips in 1992.
Roadtrips becomes the largest hockey tour operator in the world, running several multi-city, multi-game hockey tours each year while still providing premium vacation packages to die-hard sports fans.
Jeff Wills, currently the Vice President of Marketing, joins the company to manage Internet Marketing. Roadtrips is formally incorporated.
Roadtrips sends 250 guests to the final game of the Toronto Maple Leafs at Maple Leafs Gardens and 250 more to the opening game at the team’s new home, the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.
Duane Penner, currently the Vice President of Sales, joins the company to manage Roadtrips’ Corporate Incentive/Hospitality market. The expanding Roadtrips moves into its current location at the National Bank Building in downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Roadtrips services now include football, basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, auto racing, horse racing, soccer, and Winter/Summer Games sports travel packages. The company is recognized as ‘Best of the Web’ by Forbes magazine.
Roadtrips becomes the official travel partner of the Hockey Hall of Fame, offering VIP front-of-the-line packages to the Hockey Hall of Fame Induction Celebration.
Roadtrips sends approximately 600 guests to the FIFA World Cup in Germany. Roadtrips is named the Official Travel Partner for The Presidents Cup 2007.
Roadtrips sends approximately 800 guests to the 2008 Summer Games in Beijing.
Roadtrips becomes the Official Sports Travel Supplier for the Signature Travel Network and the Official Sports Travel Provider of the Ensemble Travel Group.
Roadtrips becomes a Preferred Tour Supplier to the American Express Consumer Travel Network. It also participates in the Platinum Destinations® Vacations program, one of the exclusive travel benefits available to Platinum® Card members from American Express. Roadtrips sends approximately 500 guests to the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver and an additional 600 guests to the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. Roadtrips begins working in Brazil in preparation for the World Cup in 2014.
Roadtrips sends approximately 600 guests to the 2012 Summer Games in London.
In addition to offering bespoke sports travel packages to corporate clients, Roadtrips has established relationships with some of the largest operators in the incentives marketplace, including both private label and online programs. Roadtrips continues to provide memorable sports travel experiences to discerning travelers, featuring season-ticket quality seats, luxury transportation and first-class hotel accommodations.
President and Founder
In 1992, President and founder Dave Guenther used his deep-seeded passion for sports and travel to create Roadtrips, Inc. An early form of Roadtrips manifested itself in Dave’s junior year at the University of Manitoba, when he started organizing sports and entertainment junkets for friends and classmates. After a stint in financial services, Dave decided to evolve his college idea into a professional venture.
Dave first targeted sports fans, providing them with customized travel experiences to games, matches and sporting events in North America. In an effort to adapt to the changing market, he slowly began to target more premium and upscale travelers, expanding the reach of his business internationally. Dave’s commitment to excellent customer service, outstanding personalized travel experiences and athletics have allowed him to lead a strong team and Roadtrips to flourish.
Today, Dave continues to cast a vision for bespoke and responsible service to customers. As the head of the company, he is the ambassador of the Roadtrips philosophy—a pledge to tailor the company’s highly personalized responses to exceed customers’ expectations—and leads his team’s efforts to further develop the company’s global focus.
When Dave is not traveling the world for Roadtrips, he enjoys spending time with his family, fine dining, hiking, playing golf and cooking. His favorite travel destinations include Hawaii, South Africa and his native Canada. Before the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Dave and his family spent five months in Cape Town and fell in love with the city’s culture and lifestyle. A Winnipeg native, Dave lives a few minutes away from the house where he grew up. He is married and has three sons, twins Sam and Matt, and their older brother Josh.
Vice-President of Sales
Duane Penner’s international and entrepreneurial backgrounds made him a strong fit for Roadtrips, Inc. He joined the team in 2000, and those attributes remain as some of his strongest today.
A Winnipeg native, Duane lived in Australia, Germany and the United States before returning to his Canadian hometown. He joined Roadtrips as head of sales after managing a promotions and print wear business, developing an agricultural retail company and launching a tech startup. His management and sales experience combined with his passion for travel have helped him to expand Roadtrips’ reach globally and penetrate markets including Latin America and Asia.
As the head of Roadtrips’ sales division, Duane handles supplier relationships and international connections, facilitates large global events, and works with the marketing team to strategically develop and diversify Roadtrips’ offerings. Duane plays a key role in securing clients internationally: spanning large corporations, upscale families and individual travelers.
Duane developed a passion for travel, food, wine and history through his backpacking expeditions in South America, the United States, Australia, New Zealand and Europe. His time off is spent in the kitchen, perfecting recipes and working on his cooking techniques. He also enjoys playing golf and watching soccer, football and ice hockey.
Duane’s favorite travel experiences include trips to Italy’s Amalfi Coast, Provence, and Hawaii, to name a few. He lives in Winnipeg with his wife and three daughters: McKinley, Maia and Malea.
Vice-President of Marketing
A native of Sioux Lookout in Northwestern Ontario, Jeff Wills joined Roadtrips, Inc. in 1997 and is currently Vice-President of Marketing and part owner.
Jeff honed his management and marketing skills working in the satellite industry prior to Roadtrips. A devoted sports fan, he worked as the assistant marketing manager for minor league basketball team the Winnipeg Cyclones.
Jeff’s responsibilities at Roadtrips include product development, overseeing product fulfillment and operations. As the head of marketing, he is also responsible for creating marketing materials, attending trade shows, and spearheading the company’s marketing and social media efforts. Jeff plays a key role in developing Roadtrips’ Internet marketing strategy, driving traffic and maximizing SEO. Today, he also handles the company’s advertising budget and all corporate/incentive conference business. Jeff is a doer, a coordinator and a facilitator.
With a passion for hockey passed on to him by his uncle, Garry Peters, former ice hockey centre for the Philadelphia Flyers, Jeff played ice hockey all through his youth. He is also an avid soccer fan, and follows Toronto FC and Vancouver Whitecaps in the MLS, and all Team Canada international matches. His experience at the 2006 World Cup in Germany reinforced his passion for soccer and gave him first-hand experience in the ways sports and culture can blend through travel.
When not at work or watching sports, Jeff loves to spend time with his family and travel the world. His most memorable travel experiences include trips to Thailand, Rio de Janeiro and Cape Town. Jeff lives in Winnipeg with his wife and his two children, Sajana and Sasha.