Since 1992, Roadtrips has been known for its outstanding service and dedication to great customer experiences that have truly made it a world leader in providing “The Ultimate in Sports Travel” for individual travelers, travel agent partners, and the incentive and promotion industries. Roadtrips hosts thousands of guests every year to the most exclusive sporting events in the world and provides service for some of North America’s largest companies including many Fortune 500 firms.
The successful applicant will work directly with the Event Team and the President in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Our team will handle the overall operations, logistics and fulfillment for our clients travelling to the World Cup in Russia. This is a 9-month full time contract, term position from November 2017 through July 2018. Expect that the role may transition to a Russia-based position for the duration of the World Cup event, for approximately 30-60 days.
Responsibilities will include:
– Assisting with Roadtrips event logistics including special programmes
– Liaison with suppliers
– Handling hotel reservations, inventory and rooming lists
– Transportation logistics
– Reserving and managing flight and train bookings
– Customer service and interaction (responding to customer inquiries and questions; often by email)
– Assisting with tour operations and ticketing
– Database management
– Assisting with on-site and administration/operational requirements as required
– Working on-site with Event Team, guests and Roadtrips hosting staff
– Creating solutions to pressing issues quickly and effectively
• Highly organized and extremely detail oriented
• Highly reliable and trustworthy
• Able to work independently
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Ability to remain poised under pressure
• Strong negotiation skills
• Previous experience in event planning and customer service
• Previous experience in making and managing reservations for clients
• Previous experience working with a Mac computer
• Passion for travel
• Positive work ethic and team working/collaborative skills
• Fluency in Russian would be a strong asset
Roadtrips’ standard Winnipeg office hours are 8:30am-5pm CST. Overtime may be necessary during the busy period in the lead up to the event. Working hours in Russia throughout the event are as required.
Roadtrips is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive pay, a fun and exciting work environment and the chance to travel to major sporting events. This job is a contract, term position. Compensation will be $3,000-$4,000 per month (based on experience) plus a bonus of $3,500 upon completion of contract and success of the project.
Please send letter and resume to Natalie Casper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
700-191 Lombard Ave.
Ph: (204) 947-5690
Fax: (204) 957-1241