Experience the Open in Style!
Watch as the leaders in professional golf take to the course to compete in the sport's oldest major. As the best do battle for the coveted Claret Jug, you'll be center stage experiencing this truly spectacular event. The 2013 British Open will be an occasion of the highest calibre as thousands of fans gather to watch the experts as they tackle challenging Muirfield, home of the Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers, the world's oldest golf club.
With the spectacular Edinburgh Castle as a backdrop, the accommodations in nearby Edinburgh will be sure to impress guests after their long days on the course, and the experience as a whole is certain to be a memory that will be treasured and shared for a lifetime. As the best of golf gather on the world's stage, be sure you're there to celebrate the tradition, the athleticism, and the anticipation of seeing who will walk away as this year's champion.
Customize your 2013 British Open package by contacting one of our sports travel experts at 1-800-465-1765 or submitting a Custom Trip Quote.
2013 British Open Standard Packages Include:
- First class accommodations in Edinburgh
- Tickets to the rounds of your choice
- Breakfast daily
- Expert travel and concierge services of the Roadtrips At-Your-Service Desk™
- All taxes and service charges
Optional Add-Ons and Possibilities:
- The Gallery hospitality
- Extra nights
- Extra rounds
- City tours, sight-seeing trips
- Dinner reservations
- Spa treatments
- Private transfers (sedan, limousine, luxury motor coach)
- Airfare (economy, first class, private jet)
Complete 2013 British Open Packages available from $1,435 (based on double occupancy)
Your Accommodations at the 2013 British Open
Our experienced Product Development Team meticulously researches first class hotels so you don't have to! Our distinctive accommodations are chosen for their excellent service, great value, amazing amenities, and convenient location.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
1 Festival Square, Edinburgh, Scotland
With the spectacular Edinburgh Castle as a backdrop, the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is well-located, just steps from The Exchange and Princes Street, the city's shopping mecca. The popular hotel has recently completed a thorough renovation, making it more inviting than ever. From the stunning marble lobby to the newly refurbished guest rooms, luxury surrounds you. With something for everyone, hotel features include a 19-meter infinity pool, fitness center, restaurant and lounge that is fast becoming the 'it' place in Edinburgh. As the hotel name suggests, the Sheraton's One Spa is an experience not to be missed.
- Located in the Heart of Edinburgh, Steps from Shopping and Dining
- Award-winning One Spa
- Cutting-Edge Bluetooth Media Hub and Interactive Televisions
- Restaurant, Infinity Pool, Fitness Center
The Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel
Grosvenor Street Haymarket, Edinburgh
The Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel is a chic property in the hip West End of the city. As the location would suggest, the property is stylish and modern, while still holding on to its traditional charm. Just a short walk from Edinburgh Castle, Princes Street, and a number of other Edinburgh attractions, the Hilton is perfectly located for your stay in the Scottish Capital. Guest rooms offer a relaxing retreat from the bustling West End, providing a comfortable and well-designed space to unwind. If you're looking for something to do before retiring for the evening, experience a traditional Scottish meal at the elegant Townhouse Restaurant or go for a nightcap and catch the latest sports highlights at Bar 521.
- Convenient West End Location
- Traditional Scottish Food at Townhouse Restaurant
- Open All Day, Bar 521 Offers Everything from Light Breakfasts to Late-Night Snacks
- WiFi and Business Services
Follow in the footsteps of legends at Muirfield, a classic links course with championship pedigree.
Many of the world's finest golfers believe that Muirfield is the fairest examination of championship golf among all the great and historic courses of the British Isles. If the definition of fairest is that there are no hidden bunkers, or as many humps and hollows as there are at the Old Course at St Andrews or the various blind shots of Prestwick, for instance, then there can be little argument.
Muirfield is the home of the Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers, the world's oldest golf club. The course is a hugely demanding test where the dangers are in open view for all to see and the tight fairways require great accuracy off the tee.
Although Muirfield is a links course as it is set upon elevated ancient land claimed from the sea as highlighted by its sandy base and small sea shells in the bunkers, it has an unusual layout. Most links courses run along the coast and then back again leading to two sets of nine holes, each of which face roughly in the same direction. Muirfield, however, was amongst the first courses to depart from this arrangement and is arranged as two loops of nine holes, one clockwise, one counterclockwise. This means that, assuming the wind direction remains the same throughout a round, every hole on the course has a different apparent wind direction from the tee. No more than three consecutive holes follow the same direction at any stage.
Award winning hospitality and an exceptional experience are on offer at The Gallery Restaurant
This exclusive a la carte restaurant on the top floor of the Pavilion overlooking Murifield's 9th hole offers you and your guests the ultimate in fine dining. A prestigious, perfect sanctuary where you can luxuriate in the unique atmopshere of the world's oldest Major.
The Gallery Restaurant package includes:
- VIP Parking (one per two guests)
- VIP entrance
- Exclusive elevated views of the 9th green
- Official Open Championship admission ticket
- Souvenir programme and Order of Play
- Morning service including a full cooked Scottish breakfast, warm pastries, porridge, fruits and smoothies
- Champagne reception and canapes
- Four-course a la carte lunch featuring local Scottish produce and signature wines
- Full complimentary bar throughout the day including fine wines, champagne and spirits
- Afternoon tea
- Cakes, snacks and fruit will be available throughout the day
- Complimentary refreshments, snacks and sunscreen to take on the course
- Welcome lounge and hospitality hosting staff
- Official hospitality invitation template to send to your guests
- Access to the excluisve hospitality Skillzone
- TV coverage
- Air conditioning
Edinburgh Area Map
2013 British Open Standard Package Rates
Rates below based on a standard package including two nights first class hotel stay and grounds passes to the final two rounds of the British Open. Customize your package by adding extra nights or additional rounds.
|Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor
|Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh
|The Gallery Hospitality: Call for rates
|Contact our sports travel experts for your custom trip quote.
|*Rates are listed per person in USD, based on double occupancy. Single occupancy rates available. A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure your package. Final package balances will be due 90 days prior to travel.