2014 is a wonderful year for sports tourism fans, a year full with the most amazing events in the sports arena. From January through to December, sports fans can travel across the globe and enjoy their favorite sports and also have the chance to visit new and unique places. Here are the five 2014 events sports tourism fans shouldn’t miss:
- Wimbledon Finals – Wimbledon is the must-see event for all tennis enthusiasts. 2014 is the perfect time to have this once in a lifetime sports experience. This July, you can take in the rich history of Wimbledon and explore historic London as you take in a semifinal or finals match with Roadtrips. Add in a visit to the Wimbledon Experience Club and who knows, you may just get to enjoy afternoon tea with a past champion!
- The Super Bowl – For American football fans, as well as for all sports tourism fans, the Super Bowl is one of the events that you simply can’t miss in 2014. It will be held at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Feb 2, 2014. The first Super Bowl was first played in 1967 as a playoff between the AFL and NFL champions. Each year’s trophy is handcrafted by Tiffany & Co master artisans at their workshop in Parsippany, New Jersey, nearby this year’s host city.
- The Masters Championships – Every year, the US Masters Golf Tournament is played at the Augusta National Golf Club in April. This tournament was launched in 1934 and the first winner was Horton Smith. Jack Nicklaus is the player with the most Masters victories while Tiger Woods is the youngest winner ever – winning his first Masters tournament at age 21.
- The World Cup in Brazil – The World Cup is the most viewed sporting event in the world and in 2014 it will be held in beautiful Brazil. This is truly an event that sports tourism fans cannot afford to miss. Soccer is played on every continent and the World Cup brings an amazing audience of people all over the world. The 2014 World Cup will be the 20th overall and the second to be hosted by Brazil.
- The Champions League Final – Considered one of the most amazing spectacles in European football, the UEFA Champions League, or simply the Champions League is an annual football cup organized by the Union of European Football Associations for the top football clubs in Europe. It is an extraordinary event held annually since 1955. For soccer fans, the Champions League is just something they simply cannot miss. Last year’s winner was Bayern Munich who defeated another German soccer team Borussia Dortmund, surprising the entire soccer industry who expected teams such as Real Madrid, Chelsea, Barcelona, Manchester United, or Inter Milano to be in the final.
Ready to book your 2014 sport tourism experience? Contact the experts at Roadtrips today. We can help you create a trip of a lifetime.