Come mid-July, the best baseball players from all over the US will descend on Minneapolis for the MLB All Star Game Weekend. This year marks the 85th All-Star Game, which is scheduled for Tuesday, July 15, 2014, and it will be held at Target Field for the first time ever.
If you want to be there to catch the action, then you’d better be prepared. The first thing you should do is select the events that you want to watch and then get the tickets. In case you haven’t decided yet, here are the main events that you should see during the event (July 11 – 15, 2014).
- All-Star FanFest at the Minneapolis Convention Center (July 11 – 15): For five days from July 11 to 15, the Minneapolis Convention Center will be home to the world’s largest interactive baseball theme park. For baseball lovers young and old, it will be the experience of a lifetime. It will also serve as the launch of the 85th MLB All Star Game.
- All-Star Sunday featuring the All-Star Futures Game (July 13): The All-Star Futures will showcase many of the top Minor League prospects. One team will consist of young players from the USA and the other will consist of young players from other nations.
- All-Star Legends and Celebrity Softball Game (July 13): One part stargazing, one part a walk down memory lane and one part classic comedy, this event will feature stars from film, and television who will team up against former Major Leaguers and former Twins immediately after the Futures Games.
- Gatorade All-Star Workout Day featuring the Home Run Derby (July 14): This event will feature American League and National League batting practices followed by the Home Run Derby. Recent winners of the Derby include Yoenis Cespedes (2013), Prince Fielder (2012) and Robinson Cano (2011).
- 85th Midsummer Classic (July 15): The weekend will culminate with the Midsummer Classic, the grand finale of the MLB All Star Weekend, at Target Field on Tuesday, July 15th. Played between the winners of the National League and the American League, it serves as the symbolic halfway point in the Major League Baseball (MLB) season.
There’s still time to get exclusive tickets to the events happening at this year’s MLB All-Star Weekend! Roadtrips can arrange a custom package including your choice of preferred seating to the All-Star Game and the Home Run Derby. Plus, you can incorporate tickets to any of the exciting events above into your package. Contact one of our sports travel specialists now at 1-800-465-1765!